A multinational retailer.
Your new company
I am currently working will two leading sister brands that have an international presence with over 1,000 stores around the world. Throughout the UK and much further afield, each is recognised for its unique identity and distinctive handwriting inspired by mesmerising colours, patterns, textures and hand-craft techniques from magical, faraway places. An exceptional in-house role taking responsibility for Direct and Indirect Taxes for our multi-national and fast-paced Fashion Retail business.
Your new role
You will be reporting to the Group Head of Tax, you will be responsible for the preparation of Group financial year-end tax numbers, together with statutory accounts disclosures and the submission of tax returns in a timely and efficient manner. Other key elements of the role include maintaining the Group's transfer pricing analysis and documentation, implementing effective tax strategies, working closely with our senior management team and third party advisors. The role includes:
* Preparation, reconciliation and review of tax schedules, calculations and disclosure notes for year-end Group reporting
* Annual reconciliation and posting of corporate tax charges for the Group
* Preparation, reconciliation and review of indirect tax schedules and calculations for Group indirect tax returns
* Reconciliation of the UK and Eire VAT/GST accounts and making timely payments
* Preparation of Group corporate tax budget and forecasts
* Review and advise on international subsidiary tax submissions
* Undertake tax planning to minimise tax risk and cost in the UK and overseas
* Ensure transfer pricing policies are consistently applied and tax risks are minimised
* Business partnering / provide tax support to operational departments, such as Property, International & Retail Operations
* Support Group Head of Tax deliver business critical projects; ensuring tax efficient structures are implemented together with effective and accurate tax reporting solutions
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) (strong part-qualified candidates may be considered)
* Previous experience in Corporate Tax and/or Indirect Taxes gained in practice or in-house
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex tax issues to senior managers in a clear and concise manner
* Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Advanced Excel skills
* International exposure (desirable)
* Experience using Alphatax Software and CODA (desirable)
* Experience performing manipulating and analysing large volumes of data and report writing (desirable)
What you'll get in return
If you're ambitious, this is a great place to be. They are still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. They are also committed to developing your talent. Last year they made numerous promotions across the company and this year promises to be no exception. You will enjoy a fantastic benefits package which includes an amazing discount across the brands, up to 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. They also provide a great range of voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as discounts on gym memberships and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.