Your new role
A leading magic circle law firm is now looking to recruit an International Tax Manager to sit within the firms in-house Tax and Partner Affairs Team.
The Partnership Services team covers all aspects of external reporting by the firm as well as handling the payment of Equity Partner remuneration and the tax and statutory filings required to be made by the firm and its partners.Whilst the key focus of this role will be to assist with international tax compliance for the firm, there are other aspects in which you will be involved that will make this an interesting and varied role in the field of tax compliance.
Computation of partner tax reserves:
* Assist with the computation of tax reserves to be withheld from partners on their global Firm profit share.
* Liaise with colleagues in Partnership Accounting and Partner Remuneration teams to ensure tax reserves are reconciled.
Indian tax returns:
* Work with tax advisers to ensure that Indian tax returns are submitted for all relevant entities.
* Collaborate with colleagues in various overseas offices to gather and collate data required for each return.
* Deal with Indian tax authority queries.
US tax support:
* Oversee the US tax return process for partners based outside the US .
* Corresponding with non-US partners to ensure all relevant information is obtained for inclusion on their US tax returns.
* Preparation of US tax returns for non-US partners and dealing with IRS correspondence and queries.
* Help with the filing of US withholding tax certificates (Form W-8 and W-9) and check the box elections.
* Liaise with US tax advisers to ensure that all filing deadlines are met.
German & Dutch tax support:
* Lead the tax return process for partners based outside these countries.
* Correspond with partners to ensure all relevant information is obtained and communicated to tax advisers.
* Collaborate with colleagues in our overseas offices to ensure tax returns are complete and correct.
* Liaise with tax advisers to ensure that all filing deadlines are met and queries dealt with in a timely fashion.
International travel review:
* Review of global travel for tax compliance purposes.
* Interpretation of double tax treaties to advise on permanent establishment issues.
* Liaising with overseas offices and external third parties on related matters.
Ad hoc support:
* Support to the International Tax Manager as required on matters such as double tax treaty relief claims and overlap relief calculations.
What you'll need to succeed
* You will have personal or corporate tax experience.
* Previous experience of having worked at or closely with professional service firms, in the coordination of tax compliance.
* Knowledge of a tax software would be advantageous e.g. CCH; alphatax.
* You will be a suitably qualified tax specialist e.g. ATT or above and up to date technically.