This role sits in the Tax Transactions function responsible for developing the group's corporate and capital/funding structure and play an important role in executing financing and investment transactions globally.
In this challenging position, you will be working with business units to structure transactions from a tax perspective, including acquisitions and disposals of businesses in order to manage the impact on the balance sheet and maximise the returns to the group. You would identify opportunities to improve the corporate and capital/funding structure and assist with structural change to cater for international growth and respond to changes in the regulatory environment.
* Previous Corporate Tax experience
* Advising on deals from a tax perspective with view to actually developing and implementing transactions.
* Experience of working on corporate transactions and structures in a professional services or banking environment would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
* You will be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities alongside excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* You are Degree qualified in a relevant discipline and your keen interest in and understanding of the banking and financial services industry.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.