This is a Senior Tax Manager role with a leading international broadcaster and distributor of thematic television channel brands across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. They own and operate several of the most popular and award-winning brands in television and film.
the role will be a 12-month fixed term contract (covering maternity) and report into the CFO. You will manage a Tax Manager and your main responsibility is to control and manage the corporate tax and VAT affairs of the UK division. Applicants need to be available to start around mid-February 2019.
UK and overseas tax planning
- Coordination of projects driven by US parent, such as global re-organisation, company structure, international tax planning.
- Coordination with other business units
- Consider tax implications of potential acquisitions or strategies
- Help lead UK legal entity restructuring and rationalisation projects
- Review transfer pricing issues
- Investigate tax efficient structures and tax impact of transactions
- Coordination of CBC reporting with US tax team
- Prepare and submit annual UK CT returns
- Ensure quarterly instalments of tax are calculated and paid over to HMRC
- Deal with overseas tax compliance for companies resident in overseas
With holding tax and double taxation
- Monitor withholding tax
- Run the administration requirements for WHT and double taxation matters
- Ensure maximum amount of credit is claimed
VAT and annual payroll compliance
- Submission of quarterly VAT returns and overseas VAT returns
- Preparation and submission of annual PIID and PSA declarations and STBV agreement (employment tax)
- Responsible for US GAAP quarterly reporting
- Able to start around mid-February
- ACA, CTA or equivalent
- Strong corporate tax experience
- Ideally in-house experience
- Able to discuss tax technical matter in plain language.
- A part of a supporting and engaging environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Employee discount programme
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Nebula-Partners directly.