The UK's leading digital venture builder.
Your new company
The UK's leading digital venture builder. They build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. They invest more than just funds, they invest knowledge and experience. Their ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport and more.
Your new role
This is a newly created role within the tax function of the Venture Builder Services to provide tax compliance support to companies in their portfolio and work with the existing members of the tax team on a range of other projects. The tax function gets involved with businesses from a very early stage to provide advice on structuring and fundraising, and then supports them as they grow to scale, providing a variety of compliance and advisory services tailored to support the specific needs of each business.
The candidate will be supported by an existing junior accountant. This position will be based in London, in a close knit team as part of a busy, wider investment and venture building support function. Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Preparing Corporation Tax returns for a range of companies including large groups and companies carrying out a significant amount of Research and Development. This will also include getting involved with the tax provisioning for the annual accounts.
* Preparing quarterly VAT returns for both standalone companies and a VAT group
* Assisting in obtaining share valuations for employee incentive schemes and in filings for EIS investments
* Advising portfolio finance teams on a range of tax and accounting queries
* Managing the work of a junior accountant to support the above activities
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ATT) with a good grasp of tax legislation and application. It is essential that successful applicant is comfortable managing their own workload, liaising with external advisers and working with multiple departments to pull together the information required. Coming from practice, experience of having worked with both Corporation Tax and VAT, and some accounts experience would be a significant advantage.
What you'll get in return
A chance to work for a fantastic company and really grow your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.