Onee of the largest independent investors in the UK's creative economy
Your new company
One of the largest independent investors in the UK's creative economy. They have raised and deployed over £7bn in the media and entertainment, clean energy and real estate sectors. Over the past ten years, they have executively produced over 100 films, from BAFTA-winning British classics like Children of Men and Mike Leigh's Vera Drake to Oscar-winning US blockbusters like Life of Pi and Avatar. They have now raised and deployed over £250 million in a range of clean energy assets including wind, solar and anaerobic digestion.
Your new role
This is a very varied role, which will involve supporting the Senior Manager/Manager population within the Technical team in their work associated with the group's investment products. The role requires a broad knowledge of UK taxation, including good knowledge of corporation tax, and familiarity with income tax and capital gains tax. In particular the role is likely to involve:
* Learning about and understanding the operation of a number of the group's current and legacy investment products, including film production partnerships and Enterprise Investment Scheme funds
* Assistance with the taxation work on a portfolio of particular investment products, including working with various teams within Ingenious on transactions to be undertaken by investee companies
* Assistance with monitoring compliance of certain of the funds with the relevant tax rules
* Obtaining pre-clearance from HMRC for companies in which VCT / EIS investors invest
* Reviewing accounts and tax computations and returns prepared for companies and partnerships established in connection with certain of the group's products
* Supporting technical aspects of the Group's own tax position including assistance with assessing potential impact for the Group of ongoing tax enquiries and tax litigation
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries in respect of certain of the group's investment products
* Assistance with provision of technical support and ad hoc technical advice across the business, including keeping abreast of new legislation and regulations which may impact on the group's products/business.
What you'll need to succeed
* Newly qualified ACA/CTA with an interest in technical tax matters
* Ability to quickly understand technical issues and have good problem solving skills
* Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work independently within a supportive and dynamic technical team
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and a chance to develop your career further in a fantastic working culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.