Service Line Information
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. The Tax team works with a wide range of organisations and individuals, helping them to implement the tax approaches that suit their needs.
Due to changes in the global tax environment, the management of indirect tax is now recognised as the number one tax risk for global finance directors. And, as global competition for investment puts pressure on our clients, they're turning to us to help them structure their businesses in order to be indirect tax efficient.
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK.
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
KPMG has a dedicated local team of VAT specialists, based out of our London, Cambridge, Watford and Milton Keynes offices, working with our clients across the region. Our clients cover a wide range of sectors including retail and manufacturing, technology, professional services and the public sector. Our services to clients include pure advisory, opportunity and compliance reviews, due diligence and preparation of reclaims to HMRC. We collaborate closely with our colleagues both in our National Indirect Tax group, other areas of Tax such as Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing and People Services and in the wider advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at the Assistant Manager level, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of our team:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients within the large corporates sector;
- Leading and managing large client projects;
- Delegating work to and reviewing work carried out by junior members of the team;
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
- Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
- Developing and managing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective;
- Working closely with senior managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.
Qualifications and Skills
You are likely to be:
- ATT, ATII or CTA qualified or equivalent
Experience and Background
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Is driven and committed;
- Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities;
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback;
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff;
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.