Hays Public Practice are seeking applications from Private Client Tax Managers, Senior Managers or Directors for an Associate Director role with a Top 10 firm in Suffolk.
The role will involve managing and controlling a portfolio of clients, managing the work of a team of staff, ensuring both excellent client service and contributing towards the overall future development and success of the team and office. You will also be involved in business development initiatives and networking events as required.
* To ensure that the clients' tax affairs for both compliance and advisory services comply with all taxation and statutory requirements.
* To deliver tax services and advice in accordance with the firm's procedures with suitable reviews being undertaken under the firm's risk management procedures.
* To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firm's quality standards and through keeping fully up to date with all relevant taxation matters.
* To identify and deliver bespoke tax planning advice and to identify and undertake specialist personal tax technical assignments.
* To ensure that all work completed is subject to a budget, and to discuss all material points arising with the assignment and/or technical partner (where relevant) in the first instance and clients immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns of our costs.
* To liaise with clients throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times
* To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
* To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services, with a view to providing introductions to these services if appropriate for clients.
* To complete all client work on time and to the highest standard possible.
* To ensure the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis and ensure all bills are promptly paid by clients.
* To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies' CPD requirements.
* To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients where required.
* To regularly present at seminars and tax updates. To take an active involvement in seminars, and to always follow up contacts made.
* Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Private Client Partner or other partners.
Personal and professional qualities;
* Experience of working at a Manager role within a private client tax team in a firm of accountants or similar.
* A proven track record of providing bespoke tax planning advice to private clients. A solid knowledge of IHT and CGT
* An understanding of the tax and accounting issues in relation to UK trusts.
* Able to provide advice to UK resident non doms etc.
* Employee benefits knowledge and ability to advise on a range of remuneration strategies.
* Partnership and LLP tax knowledge/experience.
For more details including salary and benefits package please contact Cara Whyte at Hays