Private client Tax Senior or Assistant Manager job in Norwich
Hays are recruiting a Private Client Senior for a leading accountancy firm in Norwich.
You will advise the firms existing clients on complex personal taxes preferably including (but not limited to) tax for unincorporated businesses, capital taxes opportunities and residency and domicile issues. You will be responsible for proactively developing the personal tax advisory services for the firm, as well as developing your presence in the local market place, including a group of contacts and referrers to generate fee income.
* To maintain a high level of current and relevant technical knowledge for the performance of your own client matters as well as for the dissemination of information to other partners and staff in the firm
* Working with colleagues - with particular regard to complex personal taxes, unincorporated business taxes and capital taxes; providing advice on / reviewing client problems / planning; reviewing complex computations; reviewing specific tax sensitive transactions
* To disseminate information to others in the firm through timely and appropriate technical updates
* To ensure the quality of personal tax advice in the firm by the preparation, review and revision of professional standards, supported with checklists and suitable standard documentation
* To make a significant contribution to the firm's practice development in terms of the retention and attraction of clients and the development and marketing of specialist services, including the involvement in networking, seminars and events and press activity
* Adheres to the firm's risk management policies and procedures
To be successful you will be;
* CTA or ACA or ACCA or ATT qualified
* Previous experience working at "Senior" or "Portfolio holder" level
* An understanding of the workings of an accountancy or other professional services firm
* The ability to initiate and convert business development opportunities
* Strong, client focussed, commercial and technical expertise
* Can demonstrate a high level of practical personal tax experience
In return you will have support to establish your career at a pace that suits you both personally and professionally.
You will also be offered;
* Discounted gym membership
* Option to buy additional holiday
* Regular sports and social events
* Involvement in well being initiatives that include charity events, dress down days and therapies
* Employee Assistance Programme providing advice, support services and counselling.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more information.