International Law firm / City of London. Partnership tax specialist - 12 month FTC
Your new company
My client is a world leading law firm, with an impressive 88 year history of offering their service to some of the worlds largest corporations.
Your new role
As a UK Tax Consultant you will be responsible for the management of the UK tax compliance affairs of the individual partners of the firm on both an accurate and timely basis, including accounting for tax reserves and tax payments. You will also be involved in the preparation and review of the finance related aspects of partner contracts including expatriate assignments, new partners (including lateral hires) and retiring partners.
Partners' Affairs & Tax Team, Partners Matter Unit (PMU) and partners.
Role and responsibilities
* Preparing the taxable profit allocation schedules for the partners' UK tax filings, tax calculations and estimates of payments.
* Liaising with external advisers and HMRC, in order to provide information for inclusion on personal tax returns and dealing with partner queries.
* Responsible for the UK composite tax return filing for non-UK resident partners (and individual returns where required) including coordination of tax payments and liaising with HMRC to manage tax liabilities and payments.
* Discussing with individual partners their UK tax affairs.
* Liaising with partners' pension advisers, including (where relevant) the provision of partner earnings to gain optimal relief.
* Involvement in annual budgeting process including tax payment cash flow calculations.
* Involvement in year end work processes, including the calculation of the UK tax reserve figures and the UK tax reliefs.
* Ongoing management of the partners' UK tax reserves including allocation of payments, reconciliation and subsequent clear-out.
* Preparation of the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement
* Preparation and review of the finance related aspects of partner contracts including expatriate assignments and relocations, new partners (including lateral hires) and retiring partners.
* Responsible for the process for retiring partners including the preparation of retirement calculations, retired partner cash flow projections and managing exit payments including the associated bookkeeping.
* Involvement in other ad hoc projects as necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to liaise effectively with staff based in other offices (such as other members of the Partners' tax team based in Belfast, and international A&O offices) as well as Partners and external advisers.
* Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, commitment to "getting the job done".
* Excellent bookkeeping skills.
* Able to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a team and contribute to the development of more junior staff.
* Strong numeracy and IT skills, including knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word and the ability to adapt to using unfamiliar software packages. Particular emphasis is placed on experience of Excel.
* Strong time management skills - ability to multi-task, prioritise, manage and critically review large volumes of data.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Proven ability to provide a high level of 'client service'.
* Graduate or A level calibre.
* Qualified CTA or ATT preferable
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary with benefits and experience working for a world leading firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.