Corporate Tax Manager, Practice firm, Canary Wharf, £50,000-70,000pa
Your new company
This leading practice in Canary Wharf is currently looking to recruit a Manager to join it's Business Tax team. The Business Tax department provides bespoke taxation services to its clients and deals with all queries from basic compliance through to high-level advisory work. It prepares tax returns and computations, carries out tax planning/consultancy work, and deals with HMRC, clients and third parties. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for managing all aspects of the compliance function for clients. Assists the partners/senior managers in the provision of consultancy work, managing and developing junior staff and business development.
Your new role
* Manage and co-ordinate the provision of tax compliance services for a portfolio of clients
* Provision of planning and advisory work for clients
* Responsible for controlling WIP on allocated jobs, including billing and debt collection
* Build and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues within the firm
* Assist in the allocation of compliance and other work to more junior members of staff, ensuring the effective deployment of staff
* Provide direction and support to junior members of staff in respect of all aspects of consultancy and compliance work
* Assist partners with project/consultancy work
* Assist in marketing initiatives, such as the preparation of Factsheets, tendering to prospective clients etc, as required
* Maintain awareness of UK taxation developments and other relevant taxation and accountancy developments
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
* Qualified CTA desirable
* Experience of managing a varied complex client portfolio.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a leading practice where you will be exposed to fantastic top tier client work within the following sectors: OMB, Insurance, Shipping, Financial Services and Retail. With excellent career opportunities and a clear Partner pathway this is an excellent opportunity for a strong Manager to excel within.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.