This is a wide ranging international tax advisory and planning role, which is responsible for the delivery of business partnering and tax advice across Europe, MEA and APAC for this travel business. It will also work closely with the International Tax Director on the implementation of tax strategies associated with Corporate Funding and Structuring related matters and will work to the Head of Tax on specific projects.
A leading travel business
Specifically the role involves
* providing tax advice and support predominantly to the Airline and Travel Agency divisions of the Travel Commerce Platform business;
* providing tax advice and support to the Digital and Payments businesses;
* providing tax support and lead on M&A matters;
* responsibility for some operational corporate structuring and treasury matters.
* ensuring effective coordination of all internal corporate finance related matters across Corporate Controllers, Treasury and Company Secretarial and will have responsibility for monitoring and ensuring compliance with relevant corporate governance and finance approvals processes.
* the coordination of internal dividend funding policies and related aspects of group cash management.
The role will work closely with the International Indirect Tax Director to ensure holistic tax advice and structuring on all Travel Commerce Platform operational matters.
This is a highly responsible role with Group focus and outside the US will be expected to represent the advisory face of the Tax Department within the commercial organisation.
The role will require liaison with numerous external advisors in multiple jurisdictions.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
* Highly experienced international corporate tax professional with strong understanding of accounting and financial statements
* Experience of tax audits and settlements in different jurisdictions
* Practical experience of M&A including taking lead tax role in all aspects of planning, negotiating and implementing acquisition structures.
* Understanding of indirect tax principles and related business issues
* Innovative and flexible, good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to explain complex tax issues to non-professionals
£70,000 - £85,000 per annum