An excellent opportunity for an experienced individual with ATT (or part qualification) or AAT to join the tax and trust team at a growing multi-site practice in Yorkshire. If you have 2 years experience within personal and corporate tax and are looking for a genuine opportunity with a supportive and dynamic organisation this could be the role for you. Experience of employment tax, EIS, VCT and domicile will be highly desirable but not essential.
Working with a client base of largely private clients, with owner - managed businesses, landed estates, farms and trusts, candidates must possess personal tax experience, along with experience of trusts. Previous involvement in accounts preparation would also be advantageous. You will be part of a team looking after a high volume of personal tax and trust clients, responsible for your own mixed portfolio of high net worth private clients and trusts, involved in the preparation of tax and trust returns, and in the administration of the portfolio, to include trust accounts preparation. Reporting to the department’s senior manager. The role provides a good range of work for someone with a solid basic tax background and experience of trusts, wishing to broaden their experience and to get involved in helping with planning.
• Preparation of SA returns for private clients and wealthy individuals
• UK resident trusts
• Preparation of business tax computations
• Trust accounts preparation
• CGT computations including the disposal of securities, chattels and property
• All related aspects of looking after the complex tax affairs of a variety of high net worth private clients and trusts
• The ideal candidate will be committed to a career in tax.
• Experienced in using tax return software, Word, Excel and computerised accounts packages.
• Confident in dealing with managers and clients.
• Ability to use own initiative and to problem solve.
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills, and provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Motivated, committed and flexible with the ability to meet deadlines.
• A natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Interested? If so, please send an up to date CV to apply. Short-listing immediately.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Yorkshire