Part of the FT 500 top 50 global companies, this organisation is on a steep upward growth trajectory. This division, trading in commodities and with a specialised position in its market, has operations in Europe, Asia and the US. It employs over 1000 people worldwide. Based in the Global Headquarters in London, the Tax Department diligently manages the Group’s tax affairs through efficient tax planning and robust compliance.
A close working relationship with front office ensures tax is always at the heart of the commercial operations. As Direct Tax Manager, you will report to the Head of Tax in this award winning tax team and support with the corporate tax accounting, reporting and compliance obligations of Group. To be successful in this role you will have a strong foundation in UK corporate tax and tax accounting with experience of working in a multinational or professional services environment. In addition, indirect tax or project-based experience will also be well regarded.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing all global corporation tax compliance obligations of the Group under the out-sourced model (including corporate tax returns, withholding tax returns, group payment arrangements; technical papers to support filing positions) including managing the prepara-tion, review and signoff of the tax computations and returns
• Closely monitoring compliance with the Group’s overseas corporation tax obligations in co-operation with subsidiary accountants/tax managers and liaison with external service pro-viders
• Input into the tax strategy and tax ways of working as well as the consideration of the streamlining of the tax process and management of tax risks.
• Manage the tax risk profile as part of the SAO certification including identification and miti-gation of tax risks via process and technological improvements.
• Following identification of risk, instigation of the process of automation of the tax reporting using new software.
• Managing the tax compliance and reporting team including resource allocation, mentoring, setting of objectives as well as performance measurement.
• Oversight of the tax advisory matters in so far as they effect the tax compliance including areas such as Transfer pricing, CFC regulations, World wide Debt cap calculation and new branch registrations. Oversight of the Group’s employment taxes obligations including PSAs and Short Term Business Visitors arrangements.
• Managing preparation of all relevant claims and elections such as R&D claims, capital allow-ances claims and calculation of liabilities under the PAYE settlement agreement.
• Assisting the General Manager of Global Tax and the wider tax team with other areas of UK and international tax such as transfer pricing, treasury matters, controlled foreign compa-nies and employment tax matters, as required
• Strong corporate tax technical knowledge and practical experience of UK/international tax
• A strong understanding of corporate tax compliance processes
• A strong understanding of tax reporting under IFRS including IAS 12 concepts;
• Strong working knowledge of tax controls, systems and processes to generate accurate and timely tax returns;
• Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-growing environment; treats change as an opportunity;
• Ability to analyse problems and apply innovative solutions (e.g. simplification of processes);
• Professional tax or accounting qualification e.g. ACA or CTA, or equivalent.
• Competitive salary
• Double digit defined contribution pension
• Market leading bonus - more than double in-house average for level
• Flexible benefits scheme
• Fast paced entrepreneurial environment
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners