Change Public Practice are working with a leading Scottish independent Chartered Accountancy firm to assist them in the hire of a Tax Advisory Manager. This role is 100% advisory focused with no compliance and will involve providing advice to a wide variety of clients in the areas of corporate and personal taxes, including providing advice on transaction, corporate restructuring, remuneration and inheritance tax.
This firm has very exciting growth plans across Scotland which makes this an excellent time to join the business. Aside from the varied role and enviable client base, this firm has an excellent market reputation - both internally and externally. The internal culture is something that the leaders are extremely passionate about and they ensure that all members of staff feel valued, that they have a clear development plan and path for progression and they have created a positive environment that sees very little staff turnover.
This role will involve providing high level tax advice to a variety of clients across Glasgow. This role will involve the delivery of tax planning solutions, researching technical issues and drafting technical reports for review by the Partner. As mentioned above, there is no compliance work conducted in this team so it will be a full advisory role and therefore experience of working on advisory projects is highly desirable. This role will also involve a great amount of client interaction in addition to manging junior members of staff within the team so managing client and team relationships holds equal parts in this role.
· Ideally you will be CTA qualified, however other qualifications such as ICAS, ACCA, ATT etc. will also be advantageous
· Must have previous experience of working within a Chartered Accountancy firm i.e. Big 4, top 10, mid-tier firm etc.
· Minimum of 5 years’ tax experience with recent experience gained within tax advisory projects
· Must be able to manage and develop client relationships effectively
· Previous experience of reviewing work prepared by junior members of staff is essential
· Previous experience of undertaking technical presentations, both to internal and external audiences, would be advantageous