A privately owned global conglomerate which is run by a wealthy British family are looking to expand their group tax function. This conglomerate focuses specifically on the industrial markets which encompasses mining, energy generation, metals and engineering, raw materials and industry-friendly financial services. Over the last couple of years, the business has seen rapid growth across all areas of their divisions globally, especially on the financial departments. The group tax function is a growing, driven, social, fast-paced and very close knit team. They are looking to hire an ACCA/ACA or ATT/CTA qualified tax professional who has worked in the corporation tax sphere and who is looking for a role in industry or someone with VAT experience looking to widen their corporate tax skills.
The ideal candidate will be an essential part of the group tax function based in their global HQs, in the heart of Mayfair. The role will include corporate tax, VAT, PAYE compliance and reporting responsibilities.
* Assist the UK Group Tax Manager meet UK tax compliance obligations in the year.
* Review of VAT and customs processes and reports to ensure compliance within the UK business.
* Ensuring delivery of projects, corporate tax and VAT in a timely manner.
* Preparation of the quarterly calculations for review for the UK group.
* Preparation of tax treaty forms and keeping up to date with UK proposed and tax legislation's.
* Assist with other ad-hoc projects including M& activity, transfer pricing advice and reorganisations.
The ideal candidate will either have corporate tax experience or VAT experience, looking to widen their tax skills on both. The right fit is very important as they are a 'roll your sleeves up' culture and like people to get stuck in. Opportunity to also go on 2/3 work trips per year to visit the wider business.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is looking to branch out and take on more work to develop their knowledge and skill set. If you are interested and meet the required skill set - please contact Simon Riva
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.