Growing Tax consultancy based in the City are looking for a VAT consultant to join their OMB/Corporate Team.
The role is varied owning the diverse nature of the client base and it gives you the opportunity to utilise and build upon your existing knowledge base.
It is an excellent opportunity to take a step up and succeed in an a solutions-orientated environment.
Duties and accountabilities
* Provide technical VAT advice and support to clients of the firm, many of whom are accountants and fellow professionals, both verbally and via written correspondence. Assist with the application of complex, specialist technical advice to provide innovative solutions that add value to the client.
* Work in collaboration with the team to communicate and achieve team goals, share knowledge and ideas and contribute to technical debate, to develop the team.
* Work in collaboration with the team to deliver clear, practical advice across multiple taxes including VAT.
* Be able to assist and manage a range of advanced VAT planning and transactional work. Dealing with technical correspondence and queries, gathering input from team colleagues as and when necessary and discussing with Partners and Directors who will review work.
* Start to build profile and rapport with accountants and other professional clients. Develop a network of professional contacts outside of the firm by use of technology and social media.
* Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general awareness of VAT issues.
* Assist with marketing initiatives and build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the firm's service to help identify opportunities to cross sell services. This may involve participation in both lecturing, the writing of articles for tax publications and delivery of webinars.
* Support business development activity with relevant technical commentary and content working in conjunction with Partners and Directors. To include taking responsibility for specific business development actions and initiatives as directed.
* Be pro-active and identify opportunities to act on the interpretation of new legislation with a view to winning new work in conjunction with Partners and Directors.
* Act with honesty and integrity in all dealings with clients, contacts and team members whilst respecting confidentiality and building trust.
Skills, knowledge and experience Encourage and maintain regular contact with clients to ensure completion of assignments in line with planned timescales and provide on-going updates on progress.
* CTA qualified with preferably two to three years post qualification experience. Ideally a generalist VAT background.
* Experience of dealing with VAT planning initiatives and be keen to expand their knowledge and expertise in this area.
* Being able to take telephone queries from fellow professionals on various VAT issues involving both VAT planning issues and general VAT compliance.
* A good understanding awareness of VAT compliance requirements. Good understanding of accounts and bookkeeping.
* Business development and marketing of VAT services.