This is a newly created Global VAT Manager role work for a Multinational PLC based in the East Midlands
Market Leading Global PLC based in the East Midlands
Reporting into a Senior VAT Manager you will be responsible for:
UK VAT and international indirect tax support to a broad range of businesses across all divisions in the Group. The role is advisory focused encompasses a variety of work including advisory, tax planning, training, and compliance across a diverse range of businesses in different countries.
* Assist the Senior VAT Manager with oversight of VAT matters by partnering with the businesses and providing day to day head office VAT support acting as a point of contact and managing query resolution. Communicate key indirect tax issues clearly to non-tax specialists.
* Advise on material indirect tax matters across all business units, interfacing with local and global group stakeholders. Manage the indirect tax impact of business development, provide advice on large transactions, strategic projects, new contracts and indirect tax aspects of intercompany and 3rd party contracts, ensuring that VAT risk is appropriately managed and transactions are structured in the most tax efficient way.
* Understand the Group's VAT compliance framework and ensure compliance procedures are appropriate to meet the Group's indirect tax compliance requirements. Support with reviews and maintenance of the indirect tax compliance process identifying areas of potential weakness or opportunities for improvement through business partnering.
* Maintain VAT technical awareness in the UK and other relevant territories, and ensure that significant changes to indirect tax regimes and/or compliance requirements are flagged for the Group to act upon if required. This includes supporting the relevant UK businesses with the implementation of Making Tax Digital for VAT.
* Manage or support tax audits and investigations by tax authorities, working with the wider tax and finance teams as required to ensure enquiries are managed effectively. Ensure compliance with Senior Accounting Officer legislation for VAT processes.
* Attend meetings as required with businesses and provide feedback on a regular basis to the Senior VAT Manager on developments, including identifying associated potential VAT issues and methods of resolution.
* Support Senior VAT Manager in identifying and implementing indirect tax optimisation opportunities including VAT savings, VAT cash flow maximisation, product liability and EU VAT refund claims.
You should have a proven track record in UK and Global VAT issues gained working either in the professional services or similar in house tax role.
Market Leading Package.