Audit Associate - National Accountancy Practice - St Albans - Up to £27,000 plus professional study support
Your new company
A new Audit Associate position has arisen within this National Accountancy firm in St Albans, Hertfordshire, due to growth in client work. This opportunity will provide the successful applicant with a diverse career, and working with a premier client base across the region.
The firm will offer an Audit Associate a collaborative, stylish and comfortable work space to develop, progress and thrive in.
Your new role
Responsibilities and duties will include:
* gaining exposure to all elements of an audit, inclusive but not limited to, risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing and substantive testing.
* applying your knowledge of accounts to check, read and add up sets of data accurately and completely.
* working with an array of dynamic, vibrant and growing businesses, enabling you to gain exposure to a range of different industries and markets.
* discussing relevant audit issues with your senior colleagues and with personnel at clients' premises, bringing a new and creative perspective to their key concerns and how changes in regulation may affect them.
* creating a positive impression with the client, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and dealing with any communications in a timely and professional manner.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will:
* be studying towards the ACCA or ACA professional qualification.
* have a working knowledge of key accounting/audit reporting standards.
* you'll have experience of the audit process.
* you'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages.
* you should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
* focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop junior colleagues in the future.
What you'll get in return
* Salary between £22,000 - £27,000
* Professional study support towards ACCA or ACA.
* Access to the occupational pension scheme.
* Flexible benefits package covering life assurance, income protection, holiday allowance, private medical/dental, and other ad hoc salary sacrifice choices.
* Discounts on gym membership and mortgage advisory services.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.