This is a rare opportunity to join one of the largest businesses in the North West. It is a newly formed position and promotes the opportunity for someone to take ownership of the entire UK tax function and act as a business partner to the senior finance team. This role is based in the Runcorn area and there would be an element of travel around the other UK sites when you first join. There is a real opportunity for an in-house or practice tax professional.
This is a huge, international business with a number of sites across the UK. This role will predominantly be based in Runcorn to start with but will then eventually settle there on a permanent basis. It's a highly regarded team and they have decided to invest in a new opportunity for a confident tax specialist who is good at building relationships.
* Manage the UK and Ireland tax computations of all UK and Ireland companies
* Advise and support on all UK and Ireland corporate income, Withholding Tax, VAT and Payroll tax matters
* Review all UK and Ireland tax reporting
* Support the Tax Director Europe & AMEA on all UK and Ireland transfer pricing matters and international projects / restructurings involving the UK and Ireland
* Implement and maintain a Tax Control Framework
* Lead the relationship with HMRC in the UK and tax bodies in Ireland to ensure that the company is well positioned to effectively handle any unusual or unforeseen future issues
* Identify opportunities to reduce tax cost
* Guide and coach managers and directors in all businesses on tax matters to maintain the balance between statutory compliance / low risk status and minimising taxes paid
* Review all forthcoming tax system developments and enhancements, develop a tax strategy for all the UK and Irish businesses that protects and enhances the company's position when these changes occur
ACA or CTA qualified. Ideally in-house experience but would look at a strong person from practice. Don't necessarily need the breadth of experience covered in the responsibilities as building a relationship with the key decision makers in the business is the most important factor.
Flexible salary dependent on experience (Estimate £55,000 - £75,000). The right team fit is just as important as the tax knowledge for this role so please don't be put off in applying if you think you are too junior or senior.
Great benefits package include a car allowance + strong bonus as well.