Our client is the in-house tax team of a Plc. They seek a tax accountant to join on a temporary basis to cover a maternity leave likely initial contract of 10 months. Whilst this is intended to be a full time position, our client will consider a part-time basis (4 days or reduced hours across 5 for example) for the exceptional candidate. You will need proven UK corporate tax compliance experience - ideally some tax reporting skills and good excel skills. Could suit someone with a UK corporate tax background who is looking for a return to work after a period off (for example to raise children, look after a family member etc.) or someone who perhaps wants a first move in to industry. Would consider someone ATT qualified or part CTA/ACA or ICAS. Salary up to full time annual equivalent of between £28k to £35k + pension + bonus.
Day to day work to include:
- Preparation of annual tax computations and returns for a number of UK entities for timely submission to HMRC.
- Drafting technical analysis and correspondence to support communications with HMRC.
- Preparation of tax provisions and tax notes to be included in annual group accounts, and assisting with queries from group auditors.
- Preparation of monthly and half yearly group tax provisioning.
- Preparation of corporation tax provisions to be included in subsidiaries' annual statutory accounts to provide accuracy of reporting.
- General assistance with group reporting and compliance issues.
- Transfer pricing - assistance in preparing intra group transfer pricing documentation, including data compilation for CBCR.
- Assisting with Senior Accounting Officer administration to achieve ongoing compliance
- Capital project tax analysis to make efficient and robust claims to HMRC.
- Assistance in forecasting group tax payments on account and tax provisions including in group business planning forecasts.
- Ad hoc tax projects to support both Group and business unit needs