An exciting opportunity to join a leading US Tax practice in the idyllic Cayman Islands! The firm, a leading professional services firm who is looking to grow their Corporate US Tax practice which operates across the Cayman Islands & Bermuda. The firm works with the same calibre of clients as one would work on in New York, Boston and Chicago so the work is still as challenging and complex with all of the added personal benefits of the Island lifestyle!
The firm promotes a fun and engaging culture with a number of social activities and events, perfect for an expat community looking to make friends and settle in! The firm promotes an unparalleled work-life balance with most of the team leaving around 5 pm out of busy season!
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Deliver quality service to top tier clients within the financial services sector including alternative investments and insurance.
* Manage a team of US tax professionals to provide US tax compliance, US tax research, and prepare complex written materials often with multiple deadlines.
* Building current and future client relationships, managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing, collections, and coaching US tax staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Requirements for the role include:
* Bachelor of Science of Bachelor of Arts degree in business, accounting, finance or economics is required. Masters of Science in Taxation is preferred;
* Certified Public Accountant, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar is required;
* A minimum of five years of relevant United States partnership and/or corporate tax experience is required;
* Considerable compliance and consulting experience for financial services including investment partnerships, hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds and captive insurance is highly preferred
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR