Following a long streak of continued growth, a leading professional services firm are sourcing a new Employment Tax Manager or Senior Manager to join their leading London team. If you are an experienced Employment Tax specialist with at least 6 years of UK tax experience, then we want to hear from you.
As a member of this prestigious and globally-recognised organisation, your responsibilities will include providing employment tax advice to the UK's major employers; for example, tax/NIC compliance, identifying risks for National Minimum Wage compliance, and advising on HMRC enquiries and settlement, as well as helping clients to understand new tax legislation relating to their employees and benefit schemes. You will be expected to:
• Be market facing and actively involved with the management and development of the London Regions Tax employment taxes team.
• Lead delivery on the breadth of client assignments (e.g. project driven, annual compliance, due diligence) and develop direct client relationships
• Play a key role in the leadership and direction of a growing team, with an opportunity to shape its strategic direction and develop and drive new propositions.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record in business development and management of a broad client portfolio.
• Have sound technical knowledge with a commercial approach, delivering across the breadth of employment tax issues and Construction Industry Scheme.
• Possess a formal qualification (e.g. ATT or CTA).
• Have, or want to extend, knowledge into areas such as National Minimum/Living Wage regulations.
• Have the ability to negotiate with regulatory authorities.
• Experience in working on process and risk based projects including Senior Accounting Officer and other risk management and effectiveness projects.
• Display sound knowledge of payroll and UK PAYE mechanics and other employment tax operational matters.
• Be comfortable in considering the use of data analytics and technology tools in engagement delivery or employment tax consulting projects.
• Have the ability to work successfully within a team and to deliver on large and diverse projects.
• Be dedicated to the delivery of high-quality client service with strong project management and organisational skills.
• Have a track record in managing and developing junior team members.
Apply now through etaxjobs or contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners for more information.