This major financial institution is looking for a Tax VP/Senior Manager to look after their Front office support, and join them and their thriving brand.
You will be advising on the tax implications of transactions and business initiatives and controlling tax risk associated with the business activities of the group. The role will give the successful candidate a broad variety of work and provide exposure to international tax issues and regimes.
* Identify tax consequences and risk implications of internal and external transactions (new products, internal restructures, capital market issuances, lending etc) originated by the relevant businesses and the Group Treasury function
* Develop a good understanding of the relevant businesses and Treasury function, operating models, legal entity structures, funding and the associated tax considerations and issues
* Develop a good understanding and identify tax considerations associated with strategic and operational changes impacting the businesses, including regulatory changes
* Develop, implement and monitor controls to manage tax risk (e.g. embedding Tax Principles within business areas, managing permanent establishment risk, managing risk associated with cash equities trading, conclusion of derivatives, issuances of structured products etc)
* Work effectively with regional and functional tax teams to provide multi-disciplinary tax support to global businesses
* Keep up to date and communicate legislative changes and the impact on the businesses and group structure
* Undergraduate Degree
* Qualified Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Advisor or Solicitor
* At least 4 years post-qualification experience
* Experience in managing tax risk arising from banking lines of business including SDRT, transaction and withholding taxes as well as operational considerations gained whilst working in-house or in private practice would be desirable
* Skills / Attributes
* Strong UK corporate tax and transaction tax technical knowledge
* A good understanding of banking tax issues and products (such as equities, loans, derivatives, capital market transactions and structured products) and the desire to develop this knowledge further.
* A proactive approach, with a demonstrated ability to take responsibility for assigned work, managing the process and stakeholders through to completion
* A keen interest in the business and the ability to apply technical knowledge to provide practical advice to the business on a wide range of transactions (including repacks, sub-participations, plain vanilla and exotic capital market issuance's)
* Strong communication skills coupled with a proven ability to articulate complex tax issues to both tax and non-tax specialists
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* The ability to identify and resolve tax risk associated with the business and understand when issues require escalation
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and to work effectively in a high-performing team
* Demonstrated integrity, initiative and commitment