Our client, a leading British financial services institution, are looking to hire a tax manager to provide oversight of the custody tax processes for Insurance & Wealth's OEICs and investment funds in the UK and in more than 50 overseas countries. These processes are run by third party outsourcers and the oversight work ensures that they are carried out to required quality standards and timescales, so that the funds' tax position is fully understood and controlled.
You'll manage withholding tax processes for territories and historic periods not covered by the outsourcing arrangements. This means you'll work closely with project and advisory teams on developments affecting the investment portfolio to develop our service and add value for our customers.
You'll need to have technical tax knowledge for OEICs and other collective investments along with considerable experience of custody and withholding tax rules, reclaim processes and issues. Combined with your technical knowledge and skills, you'll be a great communicator.
Someone that can see the bigger picture and think commercially, you'll take ownership to develop the relationships with third party providers and work collaboratively with them to drive, question and gain value from the services and benefits we deliver for our customers.
* You will have significant experience of Custody Taxes and will have completed professional exams (either accountancy related or tax qualifications such as ATT/CIOT).
* Specialist investments tax knowledge including overseas tax and withholding tax rules
* Proven track record of working in the tax function for a large corporate group or professional accounting organisation, preferably in the Financial Services sector
* Knowledge of UK and overseas tax rules for OEICs and other collective investments
* Experience of providing oversight of outsourced withholding tax and OEIC tax compliance processes including the appointment of overseas tax agents
* Experience of attaining global double taxation treaty rates, EU country domestic rates on investment income via relief at source, reclaims and completion of associated tax documentation
* Understanding of withholding tax accounting policies