Tax Manager required for a leading provider of tax, accounting, payroll, HR and company secretarial services.
Your new company
As a leading provider of tax, accounting, payroll, human resources and company secretarial solutions this organisation has a particular focus on the alternative asset management sector, oil and gas and AIM-listed companies.
The group has achieved double digit growth since 2014, with headcount increasing to over 130. Embedded into their culture is the desire to actively encourage development on an academic, technical and personal level to allow staff to progress as they and the firm develops.
Due to continued growth there is now the need to recruit a seasoned Tax Manager / Senior Manager to sit in the London office. Travel to the groups' Thames Valley office will be required on a weekly basis.
Your new role
* Be responsible for a portfolio of business and personal tax clients. You will take responsibility for timely and accurate tax returns, identifying risk and opportunity while creating relationships with those clients. You will be supported on each client by junior staff within the tax team and accounting functions;
* Be responsible for P11D, PSA, "Form 42" and other filing obligations;
* You will likely have a number of personal tax clients who are often principals and senior staff at your business clients;
* Coach and develop, both formally and through your day to day interactions, less senior members of the tax team;
* Liaise with other departments in the firm, such as payroll, accounts and human resources to coordinate the delivery of other services and spotting opportunities for additional business development by establishing good client relationships and an understanding of their business;
* Assist in the training and development of all staff as well as maintaining and growing your own technical knowledge;
* Take responsibility for the financial management of your portfolio, ensuring that invoices are raised and cash collected in a timely manner;
* Consistently produce high quality work ensuring computations and all advice is right first time and appropriate risk controls are applied. Your role will also involve taking ownership of a matter and ensuring a timely response to clients and co-ordinating with other team members and disciplines within the group;
* Manage the successful delivery of complex and demanding advisory projects, ensuring technical excellence and that a commercial approach is taken.
What you'll need to succeed
* Be ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified with a strong business tax knowledge;
* Be comfortable with giving advice as well as completing compliance work;
* Possess a high level of technical knowledge as well as the commercial understanding to apply it in practical situations;
* Have excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to enable effective communication with colleagues at all levels and with clients;
* Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and approach, and able to lead and work within a team environment, using initiative while consulting when appropriate;