An instantly recognisable high-street brand is seeking a VAT Manager to join their already highly prestigious tax team. In a heavily advisory based role, this will be reporting directly into the Head of Tax taking responsibility on all indirect tax matters for the group. This is an all encompassing position that will require a true business partner, someone highly proactive and up-to-date on all current and future VAT legislation.
You will lead a small team on VAT compliance and advisory, ensuring an all-encompassing service to group and timely submission of returns.
- Ownership of VAT for the group across all indirect tax matters
- Leadership of VAT compliance, ensuring comps are reviewed and submitted in a timely manner
- Business partnering on all VAT matters, answering group queries and offering input on financial projects
- Educate group on VAT issues in an understandable manner
- Offer advise on the implications of VAT legislation
- Identify opportunities for improvements within the VAT systems
- An accountancy or tax qualification would be beneficial
- Experienced in both VAT compliance and VAT advisory
- Confident in communicating VAT matters to non-tax personnel
- Excellent stakeholder management experience