* Provide outsourced payroll services to a portfolio of clients across the UK.
* Ensure all payrolls are processed end-to-end, in an accurate and timely manner.
* Maintain accurate employee records, and the input of amendments through the system.
* Set up new client payrolls from scratch, onto Inhouse payroll system
* Register PAYE schemes with HMRC.
* Manual calculations where necessary.
* Liaise closely with clients. Assist and resolve all payroll-related queries.
* Liaise with HMRC - and other third parties, on behalf of clients.
* Prepare/release BACS files, to ensure all payments are made on time.
* Ensure all RTI submissions are processed accurately and on time.
* Assist colleagues and ensuring the team continually provide a high standard of service to clients.
* Identify areas that have room for improvement, and put processes in place, in order to improve departmental efficiencies.
* Raise quarterly invoices and monitoring recoveries.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Certified Payroll Professional designation is preferred Knowledge of accounting principles and practices In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
* Knowledge of applicable, laws and legislation
* Solid financial acumen
* Proficiency in relevant payroll and accounting software
* Planning & organisational skills
* Interpersonal skills / working with people (to build positive working relationships with customers, the end users)