We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Manager for our client in either their Glasgow or Birmingham office. The role is to oversee engagement quality in these offices.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join the Small Business Accounting (SBA) Leadership team. Demonstrable experience of successfully identifying, developing and implementing appropriate quality controls is essential.
The successful candidate will most likely be a fully qualified and highly experienced Accountant (Senior Manager) from an audit background.
The ability to demonstrate experience of ensuring engagement quality is critical.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Take engagement leader responsibility for client / engagement acceptance and continuance for Small Business Accounting, signing engagement letters, termination letters, professional clearance letters and other key client correspondence
• Make engagement decisions in respect of client requests for services for which they are not engaged
• Review deliverables for all ‘high risk’ clients
• Act as a sounding board for the SBA Technical Manager and take decisions (in consultation with DPP as appropriate) on complex accounting matters
• Undertake a review of SBA clients to identify those who should be transferred to other areas of the company
• Oversee the investigation of client complaints
• Personally manage and lead responses on challenging client relationships and any significant complaints
• Work with the SBA Operations Director and Risk Director to ensure an appropriate quality of service is delivered by the team, improve the quality of SBA activities and deliverables and develop and implement appropriate controls
Qualifications and Skills
• Qualified accountant
• Up-to-date knowledge of FRS 102 and company law, particularly in relation to small companies
• General awareness of general Corporation Tax and VAT requirements
• Strong risk management skills and awareness
• Experience of dealing with potentially difficult clients and situations
Preferred but not essential
• With or would be eligible for ‘responsible individual’ status (i.e. has or could apply for a practising certificate and be authorised to sign certain reports on behalf of the firm)