A leading professional services firm is looking for an Employment Tax Manager with experience advising on the tax and legal aspects of employment including employment tax, National Minimum Wage governance, employment status, reward, payroll effectiveness and expenses and benefits compliance, to be based in Leeds. The firm is a market leader in UK Tax, and this position has arisen following exceptional growth and success in recent years.
This firm prides itself on creating a friendly and supportive work environment, offering its employees unrivalled opportunities for career development and advancement. The successful candidate will benefit from a very generous compensation package alongside a range of flexible working options to achieve a comfortable work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing work in relation to a wide variety of employment solutions advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews
• Managing employer compliance activities relating to areas such as employment status decisions, PAYE health checks, SAO certification, HMRC’s “Know Your Customer” reviews, voluntary disclosures, PAYE Settlement Agreements and running projects relating to payroll advisory such as National Minimum Wage reviews.
• Taking responsibility for managing and delivering work to a high standard and meeting deadlines
• Proactively dealing with engagement management aspects of project delivery including work in progress, billing and risk procedures and with consideration for the financial and commercial implications when making difficult decisions
• Reviewing work and coaching and developing junior colleagues
• Managing and developing client relationships through business development activities
• Involvement in local marketing initiatives
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualities and experience:
• Ideal (but not essential) CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in either employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance
• Negotiates effectively by emphasising potential benefits of a suggested approach
• Provides compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
• Provides persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner.
• Applies sound judgement when faced with challenging decisions
• Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of set backs
• Identifies and pursues business opportunities
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
• Continuously learns from experiences; seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback; coaches less experienced colleagues
• Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Thorough understanding of practical Employment tax compliance
Apply now through etaxjobs or contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners for more information.