Purpose of the role
Working with the Tax Advisory team providing support for all tax matters relating to the development, sale and running of a portfolio of the group's investment products, balance sheet investments, ad hoc projects, group compliance and supporting senior members of the team.
This is a very varied role, which will involve taking technical responsibility for a number of the group's investment products and balance sheet investments, working on ad hoc projects, group compliance, contributing to the group's product development activities and providing technical support within the group (principally product related). The role requires a broad knowledge of UK taxation, including corporation tax, income tax and capital gains tax. In particular the role is likely to involve:
* Learning about and understanding the operation of a number of the group's current and legacy investment products.
* Taxation work on a portfolio of particular investment products, including working with various teams within the group on transactions to be undertaken by investee companies
* Taxation work on Group balance sheet investments, including structuring, monitoring and realisation
* Monitoring compliance of certain of the funds with the relevant tax rules
* Assisting in the development of new funds or investment products
* Reviewing accounts and tax computations and returns prepared for companies and partnerships established in connection with certain of the group's products
* Supporting technical aspects of the Group's tax position
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries in respect of certain of the group's investment products
* Provision of technical support and ad hoc technical advice across the business, including keeping abreast of new legislation and regulations which may impact on the group's products/business.
* Qualified ACA/CTA with an interest in technical tax matters.
* Ability to understand and deal with complex issues and have excellent problem solving skills
* Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work independently within a supportive and technical team
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.