The role has an overall responsibility of management of the corporate tax process including guiding and advising senior members of finance on a range of different tax related issues including: corporate tax compliance,international tax payments and tax reporting standards to ensure tax liability risk mitigation.
A large, multinational, big-brand business based in Ellesmere Port.
* Develop and implement best practices for the management of indirect taxes & direct taxes
* Ensure timely filings of various VAT, Excise duty and Customs related returns with HM Revenue & Customs; & filling of company Income tax returns
* Inform to the management on the changes in corporate tax legislation and its impact to the company
* Identify, assess and implement indirect/direct tax optimisation opportunities
* Provide support in respect of new acquisitions and reorganisations, including if need be conducting due diligence on targets
* Monitor changes to indirect tax / direct tax rules in order to evaluate their impact on business thus, keeping the businesses informed of the impact on their activities
* Representation before Trade Bodies and Govt. for the issues affecting industry/ company.
* Range of other tax related issues and ad hoc tax projects
* Bachelor's Degree and a professional tax/ accounting qualification (ACA, CTA);
* Direct / Indirect tax experience is essential
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Extremely conversant with all HMRC VAT, Excise & Customs law and Rules; & Direct taxation & rules
* Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
* Ability to drive solutions to complex operational and financial issues and to work in a team-orient environment that is fast paced
* Experience of direct taxation is added advantage
£70,000 - £75,000 +bonus + range of other benefits