Working in the Dubai International and M&A tax team providing tax advice in connection with predominately Middle Eastern M&A transactions and any other regional inbound/outbound cross border tax advisory services. The role would involve a high level of interaction with other regional and international firm teams.
* Providing tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax modelling advice on a wide range of transactions/projects;
* Coordinating with overseas tax teams and other service lines to obtain relevant local tax advice and critically reviewing the advice in preparation for delivery to clients;
* Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas of risks and opportunities from a tax perspective;
* Undertake business development activity;
* Writing high quality reports and documentation in respect of review;
* Taking a proactive responsibility in the team's performance and issues;
* Leading and coaching juniors by giving regular feedback and completing timely performance reviews;
* Contributing to the fast development of the M&A team.
* Previous M&A experience gained within professional services;
* Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness;
* Ability to work alone and to plan and execute projects with minimum supervision and to complete work within required deadlines;
* Ability to be proactive, identify opportunities and to take responsibility;
* Apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal processes controls, procedures, and policies;
* Prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments;
* Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
* Excellent teamwork and leadership skills;
* Availability to travel within the GCC;
* ACA, CA, CTA qualified or equivalent experience.