An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Expatriate Tax team of a well-established mid-tier accounting practice in London. Despite its small size, this firm's client base rivals firms of a much greater size and stature, ranging from high-net-worth individuals to large corporates, often with complex international considerations. The firm attributes its success to its ability to build and main long-term relationships, combining the expertise of larger organisations with the approachability of a smaller advisor. The firm plans to someday prove itself a worthy competitor to the world’s biggest accounting firms and has made considerable waves throughout the industry in recent years.
This firm lives by a forward-thinking and people-focused set of values, with honesty and pride and the forefront of their operations. Every individual is given the chance to realise their potential. Career development is tailored to your needs and progression is based on merit, offering a supportive, friendly and challenging work environment.
• You will be involved in a broad range of tax projects and provide tax advice and consulting services to clients
• You will manage your own diverse and interesting client portfolio including advising and guiding clients on the planning and implications involved in international assignments and resolving client queries
• You will be responsible for reviewing and preparing more complex tax returns and conducting entry and exit consultations with expatriates
• You will ensure delivery of quality work and also help coach junior staff members
• You will be liaising with HM Revenue & Customs and client on personal tax issues
• You will be expected to be aware of budgets on your clients and specific projects and at least meet billing targets
What makes a successful candidate:
• To succeed in this role you will be an experienced expatriate tax professional looking to make a move into management or you will be a recently promoted assistant manager
• Have experience of dealing with international businesses and private clients
• Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
• This is a fast-growing team and you will be motivated to play a key role in helping to drive that business
• Have UK expatriate tax return preparation and review experience
• Sound technical knowledge in relation to expatriate tax issues such as social security obligations, payroll reporting requirements, and foreign tax credit claim in the UK
• Up-to-date with tax changes that impact on the UK taxes of expatriates
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate clearly and build strong relationships at all levels.
• Have the ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
• Any of the following professional qualifications (desirable): ATT/ACA/CA/CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA).
Apply now through etaxjobs to learn more.