A leading professional services firm is looking for a Global Mobility Assistant Manager with experience advising on the tax and legal aspects of global mobility, to be based in Reading. The firm is a market leader in UK Tax, and this position has arisen following exceptional growth and success in recent years. The individual will be based in the firm's successful and rapidly growing GMS team that focuses on employers with small to mid-size expat populations. The candidate will be ready for early assumption of managerial responsibilities and close, regular contact with a dynamic partner and director group.
This firm prides itself on creating a friendly and supportive work environment, offering its employees unrivalled opportunities for career development and advancement. The successful candidate will benefit from a very generous compensation package alongside a range of flexible working options to achieve a comfortable work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining strong relationships with clients
• Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
• Management of all associated compliance processes for international assignees
• Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on relevant tax developments
• Advising on risk issues relevant to client and assisting in mitigating these
• Preparing client advice for manager/partner review
• Project management
• Delegation of work to, and training and coaching of junior staff
• Day to day contact with HMRC
• Interaction with the firm's global People Services network
• Assisting with the day to day running of the IES team and participating in managerial meetings
• Monitoring, recording and managing financial results on allocated clients to ensure profitability of the business
• Recognising and developing opportunities to further grow the IES team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualities and experience:
• ACA or ACCA/CTA qualified (or equivalent)
• Ability to manage a busy portfolio of international assignees
• Identifies and pursues business opportunities
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
• Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
• Understands how to effectively manage a busy portfolio of IES clients and deliver sound and technically accurate advice
Apply through etaxjobs now for more information.