A leading professional services firm is looking for an Employment Tax Assistant Manager with experience advising on the tax and legal aspects of employment including employment tax, National Minimum Wage governance, employment status, reward, payroll effectiveness and expenses and benefits compliance, to be based in Birmingham. The firm is a market leader in UK Tax, and this position has arisen following exceptional growth and success in recent years.
This firm prides itself on creating a friendly and supportive work environment, offering its employees unrivalled opportunities for career development and advancement. The successful candidate will benefit from a very generous compensation package alongside a range of flexible working options to achieve a comfortable work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
• Building and maintaining client relationships through high levels of client service; leading the operational delivery to clients
• Managing work in relation to a wide variety of employment tax advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews and due diligence
• Managing employer compliance activities including completion of P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements and assisting with other processes such as employment status and termination payments
• Supporting in local marketing initiatives
• Taking responsibility for delivering work to a high standard and meeting deadlines
• Reviewing work and coaching and developing junior colleagues
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Ideal (but not essential) CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in either employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
• Continuously learns from experiences; seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback; coaches less experienced colleagues
• Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Thorough understanding of practical employment tax issues including payroll, social security and employment tax compliance including familiarity with either determining employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance.
Apply through etaxjobs now for more information.