This global banking group is looking to recruit and indirect tax Assistant Manager to join the Transaction Tax Advisory Team, assisting in advising the EMEA businesses based in London. The Transaction Tax Advisory business provides advice and support for all areas effecting the Group and its business units as well as managing the Group's relationship with revenue authorities.
* Providing transaction/indirect taxes (VAT and other indirect taxes) support for the EMEA region.
* Taking a pro-active approach to ensuring the group's external and internal transactions are efficient from an indirect tax perspective.
* Liaising with the Tax Reporting function which is responsible for the group's tax returns to provide technical support and ensure the Macquarie Group meets its tax compliance responsibilities within each relevant EMEA jurisdiction.
* Advising business and Finance on indirect tax issues, including reviewing and advising on the transaction tax consequences of all new business proposals and variations.
* Performing technical reviews of transaction tax returns for group and non-group entities.
* Assisting in reviewing indirect tax prudential reviews.
* Assisting with the management of tax audits and other revenue authority queries and interactions.
* Providing indirect taxes training and update presentations to the finance and business teams.
Skills & background
* Qualified Indirect Tax Advisor with experience advising on VAT and other indirect taxes in EMEA.
* Experience ideally gained within a large commercial law firm or chartered accounting firm in EMEA, or other financial services institution.
* Exposure to multi-national tax accounting and compliance issues is preferred.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.