This Big4 firm's Risk Assurance practice in the North is looking for a manager to help develop and deliver high quality process and controls reviews to a wide range of clients across a number of industries. In joining the firm you will be part of a unique client proposition, assisting their clients understanding and challenging the extent to which their systems, processes and people assist or inhibit their strategies to generate value.
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in a wide range of disciplines including operational and enterprise risk frameworks and governance, finance processes and controls and understanding supporting operational processes. My firm's people are expected to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations and industries and as a Manager you will be expected to be able to work in teams or independently to scope and deliver work.
In addition to your technical skills, you will have proven capabilities in developing relationships, building trust in new contacts and demonstrating that such trust is justified by delivering into the longer term.
The role can be based in Leeds although there will be travel, primarily across the Northern region.
About the role
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
* Significant role in the development of new business relationships and business proposals;
* Significant role in building and driving the risk team to achieve budget / strategy;
* Leading a diverse client portfolio reporting to the Partner/ Director Groups;
* Managing and building day-to-day client relationships;
* Managing projects/client engagements of varying sizes from planning through to completion; and
* Managing junior staff and taking on coaching responsibilities.
Below are some of the types of work you could be involved in if you join Risk Assurance:
* Developing new business propositions;
* Assessment and development of governance structures; and
* Assessment, design and testing of control and compliance frameworks;
* Building relationships both internally and externally with other risk professionals.
The following skills are required for this role:
* Have a relevant professional qualification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
* A proven track record of experience in the Risk Assurance areas described above.
* Have experience of building strong relationships.
In return my Client is offering a generous package along with an enviable office location.
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.