This key managerial position within the European Indirect Tax team which will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to lead a team in a established multinational automotive company.
An internationally recognised car brand.
The responsibilities of the role include:
* Providing review and management support for compliance teams based across Europe and India.
* Ensuring all VAT returns, payments, reconciliations, assessments, notices and audits are effectively managed,
* Managing queries relating to VAT return filings and periodic review of the tax logic of feeder systems.
* Maximise the use of VAT reporting and tax engine tools.
* Identify opportunities for effective and efficient VAT processes.
* Assist all monthly or quarterly reporting requirements for senior management.
* Assist with providing governance and oversight for related internal control matters.
* Building and maintaining good working relationships with tax authority personnel.
* Providing support for business initiatives and systems or process implementations and assisting with implementation of supply-chain tax minimization strategies.
* Work with outside consultants and advisors, and assist with managing related spending, to optimize the VAT compliance, audit and refunds processes.
The preferred candidate will have a track record of technical excellence in VAT, either through a career path within a major accounting firm or within an international industry role.
They will need to be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and knowledge of Financial and Operational Accounting systems.
They will need to demonstrate the ability to recommend, scope, develop, and drive projects to successful completion and have excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to develop strong partnerships and influence people, ability to develop and motivate other team members.
* £65.000 to £75,000
* Performance-related pay scheme
* Private Health Care
* Attractive subsidised car scheme
* Employee Privilege Vehicle Discount Scheme
* Competitive contributory pension package
* Annual vacation entitlement - 26 days