A broad opportunity, overseeing all of the tax affairs of the group globally. The group tax function ensures tax compliance within both the corporate group and its investment vehicles, provides tax advice to the group's business units, and manages the group's tax related external relations both in the UK and worldwide.
The role will have a significant focus on delivery of the international group's compliance and tax accounting requirements. For both corporation tax and VAT the candidate will be operating mainly in a review and process management capacity, working directly with the group's outsourced service providers and the wider finance function. Due to the diverse nature of the business the role will also provide opportunities to work on advisory projects.
* Management of outsourced compliance processes (both UK and overseas)
* Review of UK and International tax computations and returns
* Undertake group reporting, and management of communication with the group's external auditor
* Undertake UK VAT return
* Oversight of International VAT/GST returns
* Support the Senior Accounting Officer and other risk management processes
* Work with senior tax team members, and advisers, to deliver advice on tax matters to the international business
* Research and advise on UK tax matters
* Attend quarterly business update calls with regional offices to understand and consider international tax matters
* Support the impact assessment of any international regulatory changes. e.g. OECD BEPS programme
* Support advice for global mobility and other compensation related tax issues
* Support advice for transfer pricing and assist with the development of the group's transfer pricing framework
* Support with management of external relationships, including communication with HMRC and other tax authorities
* Qualified CTA/ACA/ACCA with 3-4 years PQE
* Experienced in tax compliance and reporting. Dealing with issues across an international group preferred but not required
* Strong project management skills with an ability to work as an important member of the tax team to achieve both the Group's and their personal career objectives
* Self-starter with a desire to take responsibility for their work
* Aptitude to understand new tax legislation and apply it practically to support the Tax Team to achieve the Group's objectives
* Would suit a candidate in practice looking to move into an in-house role, or someone in an in-house role looking for a broader experience across different areas of tax
This is an opportunity to work in the tax department of a dynamic international group overseeing the Group's tax obligations globally. A very diverse Asset Management business that will provide the Tax Manager with opportunities to develop and gain experience in a very broad range of taxes and transactions across the world.