Expat Tax Manager/ Senior Manager, People Advisory Services
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our People Advisory Services practice provides high-quality compliance and advisory solutions to help our clients drive organization success through human capital. Our practice is one of the world's largest and has talented and innovative professionals dedicated to teamwork and exceptional client service. People Advisory Services encompasses Mobility, Global Employment Tax Services, Total Rewards, HR Performance Improvement and Immigration services. Mobility services include Canadian and US personal income and social security tax compliance and advisory services; mobility policy design; executive compensation advice; employer tax advice; and global coordination.
We currently have excellent career opportunities for experienced senior tax analysts and/or manager candidates in our Toronto office. Working with team-oriented colleagues, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Interface with clients and colleagues, located throughout the world, by phone and in person
- Analyze client tax data to determine appropriate and optimal Canadian and US filing positions, and to provide tax planning advice to clients
- Review US and Canadian personal income tax returns
- Provide guidance to more junior colleagues on both tax technical and performance management skills
- Advise clients on the tax implications of working in another tax jurisdiction
- Seek increased revenue through both existing and new client relationships. Represent EY at external networking events.
- Tax technical research to support both compliance and advisory deliverables
- Contribute to the national education program by preparing and/or delivering tax technical material
- Leverage technology to maximize productivity
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development and a positive attitude
- Manage the financials of client accounts by developing budgets, determining resource requirements, timely invoicing and appropriate revenue recognition.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, responsibility, achievement, and reward.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of five years of US and/or Canadian personal income tax experience
- Knowledge of current automated tax processing systems and tax laws in an area of technical specialization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- A commitment to learning in a tax technical environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.