* Manages and is responsible for Customs related processes of the group's logistics operations.
* Manages the Customs team and motivates, supports and encourages employees.
* Stimulates and establishes strong working relationship at different levels both inside and outside the organisation and with relevant government agencies, special interest groups and professional network groups;
* Pro-actively advices and supports senior management on customs aspects of business decisions;
* Continuously monitors and assesses the relevance of changes in international Customs, tax and statistical legislation and of developments that may be of influence for business processes or the profitability of the company;
* Initiates, recommends and takes responsibility for the implementation of new initiatives and both internal and external projects that contribute to improvement of business processes and profitability of the company.
* Conducts risk analysis to ensure any initiatives taken satisfy both internal and external strategies or requirements and operations can continue in unforeseen situations;
* Is responsible for the maintenance of the companies Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and Known Consignor (KC) status.
* Executes and contributes to internal and external customs audits and is responsible for the maintenance of internal procedures and work instructions.
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Experience
* Experience within either the Dutch customs administration, as a professional tax advisor with customs specialism, or at least 5 years of experience in the customs function of a commercial organisation, preferably in a supply chain organisation.
* Expert in customs legislation and policies with the focus on (1) The Netherlands and (2) the EMEA region.
* High level of experience in Customs and statistical legislation and administration of commercial organisations.
* In depth knowledge of supply chain, logistics, sales and finance procedures.
* Knowledge of international trade regulation and Incoterms is desirable.
* Knowledge of international VAT legislation is desirable.
* Knowledge of other international tax legislation is beneficial.
* HBO Bachelor degree or a proven Customs/Tax specific education on similar level.
* Good judgment in complex situations, both technical and commercial.
* Possession of contacts and influence within the customs 'community', tax advisory and business network and within the relevant government authorities in the Netherlands.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.