Marks Sattin are currently working with a Top50 firm in Leeds city centre who are looking to recruit an experienced Audit and Assurance Senior for their growing team.An opportunity has arisen for a qualified/part qualified Audit & Assurance Senior to join the team at their Leeds office, which works with a wide range of predominately owner managed businesses, both locally and nationally.
Role and key objectives
* To complete audit and accountancy assignments on a wide range of clients
* To supervise a range of team members working on those clients
* To have active involvement in the Corporate Audit team
* To support the Partners in delivering services to their clients
* Hold either ACA or ACCA qualification, or be part qualified in these areas
* Have recent practice experience in a similar role
* Have team supervisory experience
Role duties in outline
* To prepare statutory accounts for limited company clients together with files for manager/partner review.
* To plan, co-ordinate and complete audit assignments and accounts work.
* To liaise with client, both in advance of and during assignment, to obtain all necessary information.
* To ensure that work is completed to meet external deadlines from client and regulatory authorities and internal deadlines notified by Manager.
* To ensure full completion of audit or accounts files for manager review in an appropriate timescale and within budget.
* To prepare corporation tax computations.
* To prepare other accounts such as pension schemes, charities, and partnership clients together with files for manager/partner review.
* To assist Manager in the smooth running of the Department, including the planning and allocation of workload etc. requesting books and records, and other general administrative duties.
* To identify improvements to work practices and work environment and bring to the attention of Manager.
* To report to local audit & assurance managers.
* KPI's and financial targets will be agreed during the annual appraisal goal setting.
* Interim performance reviews are carried out against personal development plans.
We are also looking for
* Great organisation and problem solving skills.
* Wide range of communication skills, across all platforms.
* Keen to be part of a dynamic team.
* Willing to contribute to both the local and wider success of the firm.
In return for your expertise my colleague is offering a very generous remuneration package and the opportunity to progress through the firm.
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate considertaion.