Work in a diverse VAT advisory role with this leading Media group.
Our client is a leading media business with a well-known household brand. Their Finance hub is located in Bradford, where they are seeking to add and Indirect Tax Manager to the tax team. Reporting directly into the UK VAT lead, this role will act as a subject matter expert on all UK VAT matters for the group, with significant exposure to senior business stakeholders. This is an excellent first step in-house for a qualified VAT consultant with experience advising large corporates, though candidates from industry will be equally considered.
* Advise business units on VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
* Assist in identifying opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
* Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Supervise and review the preparation and submission of UK VAT returns.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Act as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with queries.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion