The Tax Manager will assist the local Financial Control team, Corporate Tax Compliance and the Tax Planning team, working on a portfolio of UK companies. Responsibilities include ensuring the timely submission of all UK corporate income tax returns managing Revenue correspondence, review of tax data for inclusion within UK statutory accounts, monthly tax reporting, supporting businesses with tax advice and tax planning.
The Tax Manager may also assist in the preparation and review of the calculation of the Bank Levy and Foreign Branch Exemption.
* Preparation and review of corporate tax computations
* Monthly tax provisioning including calculating the tax accruals, as well as the management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger & effective rate analysis.
* Preparation and review of tax numbers for statutory accounts
* Calculation of tax payments as well as the management of tax balances with the Revenue
* Collating YTD and forecast P&L information and calculating estimated taxable income positions
* Liaising with the foreign branch accountants to regularly monitor the local tax accruals and tax attributes (including tax paid, utilisation of losses, prior year adjustments)
* Completion of Non - US Income tax package for the US which contain attributes for our UK companies
* Preparation of responses to Revenue queries
* Liaising with the UK Financial Control team & New York tax department as required.
* Assisting in the tax advisory of the bank levy if necessary
* Foreign Branch Exemption - detailed technical analysis
* Assisting in tax technical analysis of mergers, acquisitions and disposals of UK companies
* Regular meetings with HMRC
* Supporting Management and Business with UK tax advice and Planning
* Demonstrate in depth experience of applying both general accounting and tax accounting concepts to day to day work.
* UK Tax technical knowledge and experience
* Knowledge of financial sector accounting and systems would be an advantage.
* Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
* Able to demonstrate experience of suggesting pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate.
* Demonstrate experience of working to multiple deadlines.
* Be able to work unsupervised on day to day responsibilities.
* Demonstrate experience of working as part of a team to achieve team goals
* Demonstrate ability to manage a number of different issues and be able to manage own time appropriately.
* Demonstrate an ability to quickly understand new technical issues.