Purpose of role:
To ensure that the annual tax compliance work is completed and planning opportunities are identified and delivered for a portfolio of clients.
Client compliance work
* Delivering high quality service to clients
* Responsible for a portfolio of clients which may include sole traders, partners, HNWIs, non UK domiciliaries, partnerships, non-residents and trusts
* Ensuring administration of the portfolio is completed including all aspects of compliance, accounts, tax returns and tax computations
* Ensuring all beneficial elections and claims are made
Client planning work
* Identifying possible planning possibilities
* Preparing reports for clients
* Attendance at client meetings
* Answering client ad-hoc questions and enquiries in respect of their personal tax affairs
Yearly routine checks and compliance
* Ensuring procedures on annual tax cycle are complied with
* Collating and maintaining client information
* Client billing and time analysis
Training and personal development
* In house technical and soft skills training as appropriate.
* Overseeing trainees and reviewing work
* Assisting other group members in professional work
* Providing feedback for trainees appraisals
* Planning and Organising
* Written and verbal communication
* Customer Focus
* Team work
* Technical Expertise
* Professionally Qualified (CTA) or (ATT) or equivalent.
* Significant experience gained within a professional services firm.
* Good knowledge of private tax compliance and ideally some exposure to planning/advisory work.
* Technical knowledge to include CGT, IHT, business tax aspects. Non-resident, non-domicile and partnership experience will be useful.
* Ability to write letters explaining complicated planning issues as well as verbal communication skills.
* Computer literate using a range of applications/programmes ideally including Digita software.
* Ability to work independently and also be a team player.
* Confidence to deal with managers, partners and clients