An excellent 12 month opportunity (possibility of permanent) to join this complex UK HQ group. This central London based tax department provides the Group of companies with in-house tax expertise including Corporate Tax, M&A, VAT and Employment Tax. The team deals with the Group's tax compliance obligations, as well as advising the business units on technical issues affecting their areas. This may include areas such as contract reviews, overseas trading, asset/share acquisitions, restructuring and employee tax issues. The nature of group requires a tax team that has the ability to respond and adapt to this fast paced environment.
To provide additional support to the UK tax team and ensure the efficient, accurate and timely delivery of the group's day-to-day corporation tax compliance and statutory reporting requirements
* Responsible for the preparation and submission of a portfolio of the UK group's corporation tax returns
* Preparation of UK GAAP current and deferred tax numbers and disclosures for a portfolio of UK companies
* Assistance with other ad-hoc UK corporation tax queries
* Assistance to ensure that UK tax accounts are fully reconciled and any differences investigated and swiftly resolved
* Assistance with the group's SAO corporation tax documentation
* Identification and implementation of corporation tax process and SAP/reporting improvements
* Active involvement in M&A and group reorganisation activity
* Capital allowance claims
* ACA and ideally CTA qualified
* Strong UK tax experience from a corporate, complex business background
* Understanding of all Microsoft Office applications.
* Excellent all-round communicator
* Strong analytical skills and eye for detail
* Team player and confidence to build productive relationships with Finance and business colleagues