Tonic International Recruitment is working in partnership with one of Canada’s leading consulting firms, assisting them to hire an experienced Transfer Pricing professional. The firm is building out its practice nationally, but has particular requirements in the Montreal office at Manager level. This is a unique opportunity because although French language skills are desired, they are not mandatory due to the team’s international client base.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Assisting clients designing and developing defendable transfer pricing policies and models for goods, services and intangible property, such as trade names, trademarks, licenses, and technology
• Assisting in functional and risk analyses
• Perform economic and financial analysis and models
• Assist in implementation of the transfer pricing models and policies
• Draft transfer pricing reports for documentation and audit defense purposes
• Collaborate with tax authorities on issues arising from transfer pricing audits
• Assist in developing strategies for obtaining advance pricing agreements and negotiate with tax authorities
• Work with our international tax colleagues and other groups on structuring international arrangements
• Participate in business development pursuits
• Actively mentor and counsel transfer pricing consultants/senior consults and seek opportunities to provide constructive feedback to support their development
• Bachelor of commerce and/or economics, masters of business administration and/or economics, or a law degree
• 5+ years’ experience in Transfer Pricing, preferably gained in a large international accounting firm
• Experience with tax audits; dealing with tax authorities
• Excellent people management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English is mandatory, French an asset)
Montreal has the lowest cost of living of all major Canadian cities and with it, the cheapest rental market. Despite being relatively compact, Montreal is a modern, cosmopolitan city that offers all of the benefits of somewhere twice its size, but that can be explored on foot or bicycle. Throw in LOTS of green space, fantastic arts and cultural scene, great cuisine, beautiful architecture and low crime and you have an extremely liveable place to live and work.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail and meet the above criteria, please get in touch.