Reporting to the head of the EMEA Tax Advisory & Planning team the new recruit will work with team members responsible for supporting and advising Global Markets and Global Banking Business units, advising on information reporting, working on EMEA tax planning initiatives and providing technical support to the EMEA tax compliance team
The role will involve direct contact with a variety of front office trading desks and will enable the candidate to work with experienced senior tax professionals who will help develop their tax advisory skills and knowledge.
* To maximise the tax efficiency of Global Markets and Global Banking activities in EMEA and minimise tax risks.
* To encourage front office and support functions (such as Legal, Finance, Operations and HR) in EMEA to seek internal tax advice as appropriate by promoting tax awareness and a proactive, solutions orientated approach.
* To establish appropriate policies, procedures and standards to ensure compliance with applicable local tax laws and US tax laws, including client related reporting, withholding requirements and transaction taxes.
* To advise on tax planning initiatives and corporate restructurings.
* To provide information reporting (FATCA and Common Reporting Standard) advice and support to the business and other support partners
* ACA, CTA, lawyer or equivalent tax qualification
* Proactive, conscientious and high level of attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills to build working relationships with the tax team, the Business, advisors, the finance team and HMRC.
* Experience in an accountancy or law firm or in an in-house tax department.
* International and financial services tax experience would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
* Information reporting experience would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
The next step:
* Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.