The jobholder will be a member of the International Tax and UK Tax Compliance team. They will be responsible for liaising with internal and external counterparties to ensure that the external supplier provides UK tax returns on a timely basis, assisting with management of the HMRC relationship, oversight of the CFC compliance, provision of ad hoc UK tax advice and solutions, and provision of international tax advice in the context of internal restructurings, capital structuring and external M&A.
* Oversight of work done on the Bank's tax computations to ensure internal filing deadlines can be met
* Oversight and completion of annual CFC analysis
* Ad-hoc UK and International tax advisory work for internal projects, events and external M&A actions.
* Review, monitor and advise in relation to capital and treasury issues as necessary.
* Engagement with HMRC and responding to enquiries.
* Managing a varied, complex portfolio and large number of senior stakeholders across the portfolio.
* Qualified tax professional (preferably Chartered Accountant and Chartered Institute of Taxation or equivalent).
* Specialist knowledge and experience in IFRS tax reporting.
* Experience in managing process change.
* Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and project management skills.
* Commercial awareness and sound judgment.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.